Tuesday, April 18, 2017

To Mask or Not To Mask? Just My Take On The Whole Mask Thing






Do you mask?  Do you peel? I'm curious to see how many people use face masks.  Lately there have been so many masks showing up on the market and talks about them popping up all over the internet.

I have read about painful masks that are said to hurt like heck and by some of the videos I have seen, I believe this may be true.  I am not gonna find out for myself.  I also see a lot of sheet masks that look pretty intriguing and refreshing to me. 

I have always loved to do the peel off masks, like the Helene Curtis grape seed mask that looks like a gel and after drying can be peeled off.  I think the fun of it is trying to peel off the mask without ripping it.  I am weird like that. 🤣(that is supposed to be a little laughing man) lol

Anyway,  I decided to do a little research on masks and see what the experts at WebMd were saying about them.  This is what I found:

According to this article, some masks and peels are actually pretty effective.  As a matter of fact, some of the recommended brands are as follows:

Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System
(at home peel good for sensitive skin)

philosophy the microdelivery peel
(gentle physical exfoliation combined with lactic acid. It works great for either sensitive or dry skin)

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Masque
(Good for hydrating.  It is infused with cucumber, papaya, and pineapple enzymes to calm and soften skin.)

Murad Acne Clarifying Mask
(This mask  contains sulfur to treat acne and clay to absorb excess oil.)



You may be wondering what the difference is between professional services and at home masks and peels.  The main difference is the amount of ingredient or strength of ingredients.  At home products aren't as strong as those found in professional offices.  That is because of the strict standards that are given by the FDA.  Anything over a certain amount can only be administered by a doctor.

So there you have it.  A short breakdown on masks and peels.  Before you go out and purchase products, check with your doctor or dermatologist and see what they recommend for you.  For more information, read the entire article about Masks and Peels at WebMd.  As for me,  I think I am going to give a few new masks a try.

Stay Beautiful!
💖



Disclosure:  Opinions expressed are my own opinion.  I am not a doctor, so you should see yours if you have any questions concerning your skin or products you use on it.  Some information in this article was obtained from WebMd.

Photo from Pixabay.





No comments:

Post a Comment