We all have our favorite beauty products and brands. But did you know that water is probably the most important item you should have in your beauty kit?
It is a known fact that water helps keep your skin looking good. According to WebMd, your skin contains plenty of water, and functions as a protective barrier to prevent excess fluid loss.
Water nourishes skin. When you are dehydrated your fine lines and wrinkles look deeper. By drinking more water, you are hydrating and plumping your skin cells, making them look younger.
Water also helps to flush out impurities in your body and improves circulation and blood flow, which helps give your skin a natural glow.
Here are 11 ways to help incorporate more water into your diet from Webmd.
1. Create a water drinking schedule: Set certain times that you more water. For example, you may want to drink 1 glass when you wake in the morning, and one before bedtime.
2. Get a portable water bottle that you can take along with you. It is also eco-friendly.
3. Make some fruity seltzer. Add a bit of fruit juice or fresh fruit to seltzer water or club soda. Juices like, cranberry and pomegranate are great additions. The options are endless.
4. Make a pitcher of ice water with fresh cut veggies, like cucumber or strawberries and let it sit in your fridge for a couple of hours. It is delicious and refreshing.
5. Drink decaf tea. It is hydrating and relaxing.
6. Drink milk. Low fat and fat free milk help to hydrate the skin and give you calcium. You can also enjoy a cup of yogurt which is 85% water. Plant milks help hydrate as well.
7. Drink more broth. When you go out to lunch, order a broth based soup. It will hydrate you and help keep you full.
8. Eat a salad. Salads are packed with water enriched veggies and are low caloried, as long as you are careful of what dressings you put on them.
9. Eat watermelon. Watermelon is made of 91% water and is a delicious way to get more water in your diet. You can even slice and freeze it for a delicious frozen treat.
10. Have more broccoli. It is made up of 90% water and is packed with nutrition. It can be eaten raw or cooked.
11. Enjoy your coffee. 2 cups of coffee a day can help you reach your water intake.
Get out there and drink your water beauties!
Photo source: pixabay.com